How to Know the Key Facts Before Starting Your Minneapolis Home Remodeling Project
We here at Titus Contracting just love to remodel homes. As ahome remodeling company serving Minneapolis, we have learned a lot about remodeling and what makes a good home remodeling company. Here are a few of our favorite facts!
Important Facts about Home Remodeling For Minneapolis Homeowners
- According to the American Affluence Research Center’s Fall 2010 Affluent Market Tracking Study, a consumer looking to remodel their kitchen or bathroom will primarily seek out a design and home remodeling specialist to move forward with the project. A home remodeling company is, of course, a great resource for any questions you have about remodeling your home. Professionals such as us can provide guidance for the entire remodeling process; from design and product information to the actual construction of your project.
- Most home upgrades are worth the time, money, and effort. Projects that help enhance your home’s curb appeal offer a good return on investment (according to the 2017 Cost vs. Value Report by Remodeling magazine). There are many other popular home remodeling projects with a good return on investment. Some of these include: attic expansion, basement/lower level finishes, kitchens, and bathrooms. A home remodeling company like ours can help you weigh out, based on your particular home and location, what projects make sense for your home, budget, and return on investment. Our passion is to help people throughout the entire decision-making process, so each client makes the best decision for their individual situation.
- If you need to change anything regarding the structure of your home, either interior or exterior, you will need to get work permits and comply with local building codes. You may also need a completed drawing as well as engineering and/or a land survey to complete your project. A home remodeling company such as Titus Contracting will work through all aspects of these processes to eliminate as many problems as possible, and to prepare properly for the initiation of your project.
- A new bathroom or finishing your attic can increase your home’s value by as much as 75% of the remodeling project’s cost.
- Only 77% of people who hire a contractor had a written contract. We do not recommend hiring a contractor without a written contract that protects both you and the contractor.
Written by Scott Rajavuori on June 27, 2014